The Study De Word (SDW) list is inter-denominational for anyone who desires to study the Word of God without so much the straps of denominational doctrines which may or may not be completely accurate. We just want to find the Truth of the Word as it was intended.
As Christians, we face challenges: We desire to remain true to the Word of God bu study of such to find and understand what the Word of God has for we who are living in today's hectic world.
Membership is by approval only, to maintain the privacy of its members and create a safe environment for Christian's who are wanting to learn the Truth of the Word of God without the aggrevation and hindrance of antagonistic arguements.
Before asking for membership, please read each list description below and make sure you can adhere to the rules and requirements.
WHAT IS SDW?
This list is inter-denominational and for anyone who desires to study the Word of God without so much the straps of denominational doctrines which may or may not be completely accurate. We just want to find the Truth of the Word as it was intended. All subscriptions must be by referal from a member in good standing.
WHAT TOPICS ARE DISCUSSED?
Topics discussed include (but definitely are not limited to): Any Bible doctrine, belief, passage, etc. Basically, topics are to be any Bible related subject.
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
- Members must Confess Jesus Christ as their Personal Lord and Savior:
You must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; this is evidenced by a definite repentance from sins, a confession of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life, and a walk that reflects this relationship. If you do not feel you can honestly declare this before God and the other list members, you might feel more comfortable with a different e-mail list. The Christian/Believer is one who has accepted Jesus of Nazareth as the Christ, the Son of the Living God.
- Commit no Harsh Posts or flaming:
You must be mature enough to discuss what might be conflicting Biblical beliefs, interpretations, teachings etc. without condemning or being critical of others for their beliefs. No heated debates will be tolerated as this is not in the Character of Christ.
- Respect the Confidentiality of Posts:
You must keep the List posts private. You may not share the List posts with anyone. Consider them copyrighted. You may ask a member for permission to copy and forward something they wrote.
- No selling of any kind is allowed on this list:
This list is for Studying the Word of God. It is not for the purpose of financial gain of the users. Immediate unsubscription will result if violated.
- How do I join:
You must be refered by a member in good standing.
- Submit an Introduction:
Write an introduction to the list within 3 days. In it you should contain:
- your name
- testimony of your personal relationship with Christ
- miscellaneous information you may wish to share.
WHAT KIND OF ETIQUETTE SHOULD WE USE?
The Study the Word List is a community of Christians who are meeting together to learn from one another. As in any community of people, there are rules of behavior that are designed to benefit everyone. The following rules are not to be broken or you could be unsubscribed immediately:
- SUBJECT: Please try to ensure that your subject line reflects the content of your message.
- Trim the quoted portion of an email you are responding to.. Please delete all of the previous text except that which is needed to provide a reference point or context for your message. Please, do not just click "Reply", type a line or two and then send.
- Send "I am praying for you!", "I'm from Anywhere, USA." and "Me, too!" messages privately and not to the entire list. This means you highlight, copy and paste the other member's email address into the "To:" field of your email message. Again, don't just click "Reply" and send.
- Please do not type in all caps or lower case letters, and try to break up your messages into small paragraphs. This will ensure that your message is much more readable.
- Please keep signature files down to 5 lines or less (that includes spaces between lines of text)
- Contact the List Owner if you have a conflict with another list member
- Prayerfully consider your posts before sending.
The above rules ensure that all members of the list receive readable posts either in list or digest form.
If you have any questions or need help with any of the above, please contact the List Owner below.
Joseph L Snurr, Sr.